Monday, September 14, 2009

end-o-summer

the tell tale signs...
#1 - the CRUNCH factor. The last time I was at Mike and Janica's, we played with Emily out front. The big tree had cast off many shriveled, dead leaves, causing every footstep to make a fun *CRUNCH!*

#2 - monday night FOOTBALL. We finally get to push aside baseball ("America's Passtime") for FOOTBALL (America's Obsession)!


#3 - the SUN(set). the SUN is already going down way earlier than it was in August. I first noticed this when we had our Labor Day Picnic. Having the SUN go down earlier brings another fall-time feeling... one which I'm not sure I can properly explain. See, the way the afternoon SUN looks in fall is very distinct to me. It shines differently. And the tone of the light always makes me think of Halloween. I keep thinking - "it looks very Halloween-y outside."


#4 - a glorious COOL BREEZE. now is the time we enjoy the COOL BREEZE, because it's a sweet reprieve from unholy heat. this BREEZE is delicious and refreshing. for a time, I will be safe from the dangers of overheating. that is, of course, until the dreaded Santa Ana's arrive...


#5 - the transformation of my HAIR. every year around this time, I get the itch to darken my HAIR. Low-lights usually quench my thirst for darker locks, but there is always a possibility I dye it brown. Never, EVER black though, that I can promise you.


occurring separately, these signs could point to something different. but all together they shout, "le fin d'ete." (end-o-summer)

No comments:

Post a Comment