Tuesday, July 6, 2010

aint that america.

4th of July was a fun filled weekend for us! On Saturday, we went swimming with Miss Emily. It was so much fun! I have always LOVED swimming, and I'm loving that Emily is a bit of a water-baby too!

Look at that smile - and in her Mickey towel that we got her for her birthday. :)


On Sunday, we had a BBQ at our house. Hamburgers, hot-dogs, and potato salad - what's more American than that? Perhaps the red, white, and blue smiley cookies that Janica made!


(and they were delicious too!)


Unfortunately, everyone had to leave before fireworks. They totally missed out! We lit our own fireworks (bottle rockets and sparklers), some of the neighbors lit fireworks, and we watched the Disneyland fireworks from outside our house. I was quite popular with the younger kids in the neighborhood because of my sparklers. I shared, because sharing is caring, and one of the moms was so cute... she said to me, "thank you so much for sharing such a special treat with my daughter!" It was the first real interaction we've had with the neighbors.


the neighborhood boys liked the bottle rockets that gabe had. We didn't share those though, they're a little more dangerous.



And me with my sparklers. I heart sparklers.
Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment