Sunday, May 17, 2009

Crafts, Friends, and EARTHQUAKES!!!

Saturday was a nice day for crafting. i made birthday cards and a wedding card for Claire and Kyler. As suggested by my mom, i took pictures of the cards (just the birthday cards, i had already given the wedding card to the recipients.) so here are the fruits of my craft time:





Saturday night, we went out with Claire and Kyler. They got married on Thursday and were leaving from Long Beach for their cruise today. (sidenote - their cruise was supposed to go to Mexico. But, thanks to the swine flu, the cruise has been redirected to Canada! needless to say, they weren't very happy with the change of course.) Anyways, i was sad to have missed their wedding but we enjoyed a lovely dinner at the Cheesecake factory and had a wonderful time catching up. here's the happy couple -

(he doesn't like pictures...)


And here's me and sweet Claire! it was so great to visit with her!!!

NOW - just a few moments ago, there was an EARTHQUAKE!! It. Was. TERRIFYING! ok maybe not terrifying, but certainly unpleasant. so i hurried under a door for safety and watched as it rumbled around me and realized that it was any safer under the door! it was over like that but my heart was racing like crazy. Gabe, of course, thought it was fun. but i'm not such a fan. i haven't felt one since the Northridge quake, and i've had my fill of earthquakes for quite a while.

1 comment:

  1. I have a note on the stuff on the left side. I think that we should do Nickelback at your wedding. Karaoke is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete