Thursday, May 7, 2009

sick sick sick

this was me on sunday (and monday and even still on tuesday). Saturday night i couldn't sleep very well because my stomach hurt so much. then i woke up early on sunday morning and began a horrible, horrible day. i was so unbelievably sick. at first, i thought it was food poisoning and that it would start to dissipate after a while. Gabe went and got me some Pepto and 7up, but it kept on coming and i continued to have a fever. i couldn't even drink... no water, no 7up, i couldn't keep anything down. he tried his best to take care of me and make it better, but it was clear i had something worse than food poisoning. by 4 pm, i had endured more than enough and Gabe took me to the doctor. i couldn't even wait to be seen without vomiting. they did some tests, gave me a shot, and tried to put me on IV liquids. they said if i didn't get better within four hours of having the shot, i should go to the ER. 4 hours later, my fever had climbed from the 100.5 range to 102. i took some fever reducer and hoped for the best, because i did not want to go to the ER. luckily it started to drop.



now i can go back to other fevers - wedding fever, puppy fever, and cowbell fever....


2 comments:

  1. I think I'm coming down with something. I'm definitely feeling a little flush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're feeling better so you can focus on your cowbell fever--I'd noticed you've been neglecting the cowbell lately.

    ReplyDelete